#ColourOutTheBox podcast, where we discuss Creativity, Life and Culture……
Mo is Joined by guest Ronke Lawal, PR and Communications Specialists.
This week we talk creativity and explore the culture.
* MAIN TOPIC:
- Ronke talks about dealing with a PR crisis, old tweets, brand miss-steps and the right way to make a public apology.
- Listener Warning and timestamp: (12:00) to (17:30) we touch upon the recent Noel Clarke sexual harassment allegations in the media industry.
- Daniel Kaluuya Oscar Win and Diaspora Identity: Is his award a win for Black Brits or his home country of Uganda? Can we claim our parent’s country or are we just British?
- Performative displays of your culture and the importance of feeling comfortable and authentic.
- Dreaming Whilst Black BBC TV Show and web series, Black representation on UK TV & lessons learnt from Nollywood.
HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK:*
(1) Khadija Mbowe, YouTube Channel: video essays on various topics and explores race, feminism, colourism and intersectionality in a very accessible way. Checkout her recent video on Hip Hop Video Vixens from the early 2000s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq4hDxZZJHU
(2)** A tribute to Jimi Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole, who sadly lost his life, trying to save a woman who fell into the River Thames. Join the campaign to get Jimi a memorial plaque to honour his heroic actions: https://www.voice-online.co.uk/news/uk-news/2021/04/27/jimi-the-hero-campaign-for-20-year-old-who-died-trying-to-save-woman-gains-momentum/
*ABOUT OUR GUEST: Ronke Lawal
(Founder: Ariatu Public Relations) https://www.ariatupublicrelations.com
(Instagram: @Ronke.Lawal) https://www.instagram.com/ronke.lawal/
(Twitter: @RonkeLawal) https://twitter.com/ronkelawal
*JOIN THE DISCUSSION:
(Twitter: @colouroutthebox): https://twitter.com/ColourOutTheBox/
(Instagram: @colouroutthebox): https://www.instagram.com/colouroutthebox/
(WEBSITE/ BLOG): https://colouroutthebox.com